Bolivar and San Martin: Guayaquil, Ecuador

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Medidation on another year passing

the final tumult
of the year's cascade
leaves me with the knowledge
that nothing ever happens.

we go nowhere,
and we see no one.
Our years creep past
Draped in silence,
and masked by illusory sirens
of contentment or success.

only as children could we hear the music,
only as adults we realize
that music is the way.

We huddle sleepily in the prelude to dawn,
Wondering if we'll ever find the time we've lost
As the last breath of night
expels across the star-spattered sky.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I've lost my music! If you've any idea how I can go about getting it back, please, let me know. I am not joking. I am hardly living. Do I need to relax, and just feel life? I can't seem to settle down. And the secret knowledge that nothing is happening only makes me sad. Being sad is almost close to hearing my music, maybe because I feel so intimate with my surroundings when I am low. I don't know. I tell myself that my music will come back, but why should I let it be put off, when there is probably a reason it has left me that I can change and fix, and I am losing time without it? I don't suppose there is anything you can tell me, but if you think you have a good method for calling in your soul, leave a comment about it or something.


I hope I don't sound like a lunatic.