Bolivar and San Martin: Guayaquil, Ecuador

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The World Around Me

The world around me hides itself,
it speaks in tongues I cannot understand.
There was something about a war,
still more about a profit margin,
But I could not be certain since
the voices gurgle in incomprehensible tones
that I cannot understand.

The world around me moves as though
it strives to remodel the meaning of haste.
The only speeds are quick, fast, and hurry,
and a moment to ponder why you are moving
is the greatest blasphemy of all.

The people who inhabit the world around me
are pround, profitable, and poised.
They are excited about making everyone envious and then
They thump their chests and gurgle about progress.

It's true, the human spirit lies closer
to the razor than ever before.

No comments: