Bolivar and San Martin: Guayaquil, Ecuador

Monday, October 27, 2008

No Other Life but Mine

At last I want no other life but mine,
I see God's gifts aligned in bright array.
The world conforms itself to His design,
The darkness wanes, and slowy slinks away.
For when she speaks to me, or when I hold
her gaze, no pain woud dare assail my heart.
And evil, who was once so proud and bold
Is humbled, and repents of his cruel art.
This is the sweet fruition of my thought,
This is the life I always dreamed I'd build,
This is redress for all I once forgot,
This is the hushing grace of hope-fulfilled.
And glad am I who, in the dark, rehearsed,
That now her beauty lives within my verse.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Have I ever told you before about your poetry, how you are so excellent at knowing when to break the line, and the rhythm just flows smoothly, and it's always genuinely emotional and thoughtful?

I'm glad to see you writing still, and a happy poem at that.

Oh, also about your poetry, you have such a frickin vocabulary. It's never boring or overdone either. It's just smart.